Emergency Lighting Services
Will your emergency lights work when you need them?
What are the inspection and maintenance requirements for Emergency Lighting?
Emergency lights provide lighting in corridors, stairwells, ramps, escalators, aisles, and exit passageways in the event of a power outage. If your emergency lights fail to operate properly during an emergency situation the building occupants may become disoriented.
Routine maintenance of emergency and exit lighting is frequently overlooked until an emergency occurs. Regular maintenance is required by NFPA Standard No. 101, chapter 31, section 1.3.7.
NFPA Standard No. 101-31-1.3.7
“A functional test shall be conducted on every required emergency lighting system at 30-day intervals for a minimum of 30 seconds. An annual test shall be conducted for the 1 1/2 hour duration. Equipment shall be fully operational until seasonal tune-up for the duration of the test. Written records of visual inspections and tests shall be kept by the owner for inspection by the authority having jurisdiction.”
Our factory trained technicians will perform the required testing and maintenance on emergency lights and provide you with the written records as required by law.
Testing Procedures for Emergency Lights:
- 90 Minute full function test
- Disconnect AC power supply to each emergency light
- Check battery and lens for sulfation
- Clean each emergency light and lens as required
- Adjust beam for proper alignment
- Place testing label on the emergency light and record in testing log
Troubleshooting/repair may also include:
- Check and adjust charging system voltage
- Check battery output voltage
- Check line voltage to remote fixtures
Please contact a Fire Solutions NW Representative to get a free quote today!